W AIR VAPORMAX PLUS "EASTER"
REVOLUTIONARY COMFORT MEETS AIR WITH ATTITUDE.
The Nike Air VaporMax Plus looks to the past and propels itself into the future. Nodding to the '98 Air Max Plus with its floating cage, padded upper and heel logo, it adds revolutionary VaporMax Air technology to ramp up the comfort and create a modern look. Featuring an array of bold colors, it keeps you looking fresh.
- Originally designed for performance running, VaporMax Air technology provides lightweight cushioning that lasts.
- The floating cage around the foot mimics the '98 design, adding heritage style and support.
- The cushioned fabric and TPU details provide comfort and durability.
- The rubber pods in high-wear areas add traction and durability.
- Bringing beach life to the city, the prominent TPU arch draws inspiration from a whale's tail and adds structure while the iconic TPU fingers nod to the OG's lines that were inspired from palm trees and ocean waves.
- The Air VaporMax represents a new era in Nike innovation. Designers started by restructuring the Air unit so they could attach it directly to the upper. “That was the biggest challenge,” says Tom Minami, Senior Footwear Designer – but it was worth it. “Without any midsole or sockliner, you get to feel the Air in a whole new way.” In previous Air Max models, the goal was to fill the sole with as much Air as possible, but with the VaporMax, the focus is on using the Air efficiently. “As you step down, each lug gets pushed into the Air unit, ramping up the pressure,” Elder explains. “As you step off, the pressure releases, creating that springy bounce.” After the seven-year journey from ideation to release, Elder and Minami are excited for what’s to come. “I’m super proud of the product,” Elder says. “This new approach is going to be a huge turning point for Air – and for Nike.”
- Pull tab